Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Russian rain

Last night at work it rained. And rained... And rained some more. To protect us from the rain, we were given Sochi 2014 rain slickers. My team looked great as walking blue pillons.

As a volunteer, we are not allowed to wear anything from our home country. No flags, no Canadian mittens, no toques. With the unique weather situation, I managed to sneak in a very special umbrella!




The Canadian umbrella even helped out the Dutch women's bobsled team! My volunteer team is made up of mostly russians, a brit and an american. So far, every single one of their countries have got a medal here! I'm counting on Kaillie Humphries and Heather Moyse to take home a medal for me. I hope you are all watching at home to cheer on our Canadian women's bobsled teams!

Go Kaillie and Heather!! (My manager anya wanted to be a part of the Canadian group)
At work, I just ran into Mark Connolly with CBC Edmonton. We did a quick radio interview about my experiences here. Stay tuned to CBC Edmonton! I'll update this post with the time it will be aired. Probably tomorrow :) No more rain here either! SoIi've had to put away the Canadian umbrella...for now.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Sochi-brand rain gear...it is so Smurfy.

    I'll keep an eye out tomorrow on CBC and CTV tv for your story.

    ReplyDelete