Thursday, February 6, 2014

Photo tour before the big day!

The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics start tomorrow. I got into the park and took a few snapshots of 'Olympiski Park' before chaos hits.

The Black Sea


Why not fish?

Maybe in March I will dip my toes in...

Beautiful promenade along the sea.

Construction... It's happening everywhere.
Stray dogs are everywhere - I've even seen them in the mountain cluster
Fischt Stadium (opening and closing ceremonies)
Destination Olympic torch
Security balloon 
Olympic rings!


Ice cube curling center


Palm trees at the winter olympics??
Russia house
Switzerland house
Canada house!

I will most definitely be getting on that roller coaster!


No mirrors in public washrooms. Seems to be a European thing (there were no mirrors in Amsterdam either)
Sochi. Hot. Cool. Yours.
There's no lack of security.

1 comment:

  1. Janelle, the photos you posted are wonderful. I love your "Rocky" pose in front of the Olympic rings. BTW...Premier Redford sent out a release today about the 55 Alberta athletes participating in the games - 25 per cent of the Canadian team. Read the release online: http://www.alberta.ca/2014-sochi.cfm

    ReplyDelete