Sunday, February 9, 2014

Run chat

After my eventful day with a fellow Canadian, I hit the promenade with my running shoes. I've got good motivation to hit the track everyday. On June 1st, I'll be running in the 50th Scotiabank Marathon (I'm doing the half) in support of the Children's Wish Foundation. To sponsor me, visit my fundraising page.

I'm quite nervous to start training for my second half-marathon. The last one I completed was in Prague in March 2012. Since then, I tore both my MCLs in a bicycle accident and recovery has been interesting. I'm getting a false sense of confidence running at sea level. It's a breeze compared to back home in Edmonton.

I opted out of bringing my camera on today's run, and I am extremely disappointed in myself. I ran right past Clara Hughes! I'm not usually one to be starstruck, but I had to stop and talk to her! Of course, there's no photographic proof, but I can say I shook her hand and you better believe I'll have my camera on every run from here on out. These little jaunts along the beach are proving to be the favourite part of my days!
I may not have a photo, but I've got a tweet!
Here are some shots from last night's run. The promenade along the sea is incredible. The air is crisp, and I always seem to have a little pep in my step when I remember where I am.


Reminds me of home! Police on horseback. 

Bringing back the fannypack.
Follow the yellow brick road. 
Sochi art at sunset.

I'd also like to thank everyone who's been reading, following and sharing my adventures. The blog has over 1000 hits. For this lil' ol' Edmontonian, that's fantastic! Knowing I have support back home makes me feel not alone in this journey. 

1 comment: