Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Sochi saga begins


Nearly two years since my last trip to Russia, I'm heading back to the motherland. 

Hi, I'm Janelle. I'll be volunteering at the Olympic and Paralympic winter games in Sochi, Russia.

Between shifts I'm sure to happen upon adventures worth sharing, so I will use this blog to keep everyone at home up-to-date! My journey starts January 31 from Edmonton, Alberta. After a few long layovers, I'll start gearing up to spend almost two months in Russia!

I plan on trying all the strange food I can, stumbling my way through the Russian language and exploring the sites and sounds while I'm not volunteering. Another item to check off my to-do list is meeting my tutor Vladimir, whom I'm been chatting with online for almost three years. We have never met face-to-face. It should be an interesting experience all around!

Ready to represent Canada in Sochi!
Lego Matryoshka doll in Saint Petersburg, Russia, February 2012.
Spreading Canadiana to all the boys and girls of South America.
Riding an elephant in Thailand.
Hiking in Peru.
Hiking in Iceland.

No comments:

Post a Comment